A message of Peace and Hope to all cultures
Born into a family of musicians, Saïd Mesnaoui began his musical journey as a child by learning to play percussion. His musical journey led him to a Gnawa master who taught him the technique of the hajhouj, a typical instrument of Gnawa music from southern Morocco.
Saïd Mesnaoui grew up respecting the tradition. He soon learned the music of his Gnawa ancestors by mastering the hajhouj, a traditional three-stringed instrument with a deep and melodious sound. As a humanist, his music is above all an opening onto the world.
His projects reflect his desire to bring together different musical worlds: rock, jazz, blues, reggae and Moroccan rhythms (Ghiwane, Sahraoui, Berber and Gnawa) and various cultures (Canadian, Moroccan and French).
Come and discover his universe: a Gnawa fusion made of spontaneity and musical experimentation. His speech and songs advocate peace, sharing and hope.
Al Maddloum / The Opressed
- 1. Al Maddloum / The Oppressed
- 2. Zade Alham / Increased Pain
- 3. Doumi Ya Falastine / Palestine Resist
- 4. L’Gnaoui (Intro)
- 5. L’Gnaoui
- 6. Hammouda / Man
- 7. Hade Zemane / Our Time (Intro)
- 8. Hade Zemane / Our Time
- 9. Mahmouma / Gloomy Life
- 10. Fik-Anta / Wake Up (Intro)
Fik-Anta / Wake Up
- 1. Fik-Anta / Wake Up
- 2. Daouina / Heal Us
- 3. Hali / My Trance
- 4. Ouin M’Kanake / Wher are you?
- 5. Macha Allah Aâlihoume / Howgreat Ther are
- 6. Laâfou Bali Jana / No reprieve
- 7. Ghir K’Lame K’haoui / Let go
- 8. Nadi-Ana Khayé / I Call on you brother
Al Jabal / The Mountain
- 1. Assalama / In pesce (Intro)
- 2. Assalama / In Pesce
- 3. Al Jabal / The Mountain
- 4. Ghaddar / The Traitor
- 5. Farhatte Assalam / Joy of Peace
- 6. Baba Mimoun / Gnawa Song (Intro)
- 7. Baba Mimoun / Gnawa Song
- 8. Madari / Unconscients
- 9. Hajhouj / Instrumental